Surviving
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's try this again/welcome wagon

+2
High Cultist
TimeKiller
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Let's try this again/welcome wagon - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's try this again/welcome wagon

Post  Muteface Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:22 pm

Question, should we compile character info in a separate thread or something? Here's my more fleshed out intro:

"Zachary Spencer Tillman, you could be someone," nags his mom as she rips out one of her fake eyelashes, "you could still make something of yourself, but all you do is chase after the wrong people and wrong things and-- Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. Get off my case, Jesus.

Zach grew up on the wrong side of the tracks with a doped up single mother and two annoying little mutts, with way-too-loud neighbors in a way-too-loud hood; a burnt down, beat up jungle of cracked concrete and old, droopy trees. He grew up in a shithole and came out a little shit, just him and his best mate- troublemakers from the start, though Chris was always the lesser of two evils, that's his name, Chris. Come the autumn after senior year, Zach didn't even bother with college, though Chris worked hard to support himself through the state university just downtown. Whatever, though, they're still friends. The guy's studying computer science, kid's gonna be an engineer.

Today, it's sometime in the afternoon and he's at his bud's favorite coffee stop, a hidey-hole tucked under a mountain chain of corporate towers. He has with him his phone, wallet, two wrapped cherry starbursts and the clothes on his back, along with one or two knives he's not-- shhh --actually supposed to have. He texted Chris an hour ago to meet up. (They haven't seen eachother since midterms started.)

Zach watches the T.V. screwed onto the wall for a bit, and it takes a moment for him to realise what the pretty lady on CNN is yelling about.

Muteface

Back to top Go down

Let's try this again/welcome wagon - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's try this again/welcome wagon

Post  TimeKiller Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:25 pm

A separate character Thread isn't a bad idea, once I get the last few character concepts in I will make a thread for that and we can all hammer out the nuts and bolts of our characters, and be on our way to starting!

TimeKiller
Admin

https://surviving.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SenatorJesus Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:26 am

I have a couple of ideas, I'm not quite sure which one I like the most.

-An aspiring Hollywood director shooting a low-budget B-movie in the city. On break from filming, he stopped to get a cup of coffee, and got a front-row seat to the end of the world. Now he brings his camera, chronicling the ongoing apocalypse.

-A medical student who had just spent the last 20 hours dealing with a series of patients with bizarre injuries. One cup of coffee on his way home, so he wouldn't fall asleep at the wheel. Next thing he knew, he was sleeping under a table, wondering when he'd ever get home.

-A local boxer on suspension pending an investigation into the death of one of his opponents in the ring. He stopped to get coffee on his way to one of many hearings on the matter, and never set foot in the courtroom after that.

SenatorJesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Muteface Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:41 am

Screams for MEEDDIIICC aside, the medical student actually does sound really fun to play. If you need a tiebreaker vote, mine goes to him.

Muteface

Back to top Go down

Post  TimeKiller Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:06 am

I'd agree with mute about the Medical student, also because having a semi-scientific character might lead to a lot of fun game play options regarding the unnatural.

On that note, my friend won't be joining us for the start of the game but plans to drop in later, so if we can all get character bios compiled in the new thread I made we can get this show on the road!

TimeKiller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Muteface Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:57 am

Hey, might I suggest using this or something like it as a cheatsheet for our characters when in-game? It says "Zombie" at the top, but I think it could easily be used for what TK has in mind.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img192/9991/1276687078392.jpg

Muteface

Back to top Go down

Post  High Cultist Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:06 am

It's certainly an interesting idea that's for sure.

High Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post  TimeKiller Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:12 am

Did we lose anybody? We've only got the two posts in the character thread, anybody we waiting on?

TimeKiller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum